[robocup-small] RoboCup 2013 Eindhoven, the Netherlands [Newsletter #2]

Angelo Gurzoni Jr jgurzoni at yahoo.com.br
Wed Mar 13 11:03:56 EDT 2013

From: rc-ssl-oc-bounces at lists.robocup.org [mailto:rc-ssl-oc-bounces at lists.robocup.org] On Behalf Of Roel Merry
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:07 PM
To: Info RoboCup 2013
Subject: [Rc-ssl-oc] RoboCup 2013 Eindhoven, the Netherlands [Newsletter #2]

cid:image001.jpg at 01CE1F67.BF4C6330

CONTENTS

1.    Preface

2.    Registration

3.    VISA

4.    Cargo

5.    Accommodations

6.    Important dates

7.    Contact

1.   Preface

In this second newsletter from the local organization for the RoboCup World Championships 2013 we would like to give you somewhat more information regarding the registration, the updated website, the VISA procedure, shipment of your robots and the possibilities for accommodations during RoboCup 2013.

The website for RoboCup 2013 ( <http://www.robocup2013.org> www.robocup2013.org) got a major update. The biggest changes to the website are the accessibility and the addition of social media such as Facebook ( <http://www.facebook.com/RoboCup2013> www.facebook.com/RoboCup2013) and Twitter (@RoboCup2013  <http://twitter.com/robocup2013> twitter.com/robocup2013) With the new format we hope that you will find the required information easier and faster and that it allows you to stay up to date regarding the news and information of and related to RoboCup 2013.

The preparations and organization is proceeding rapidly. We are working hard to make RoboCup 2013 an unforgettable and enjoyable event. Good luck with the preparations for the world championships. We hope that together with you we can make it an event to remember.

2.   Registration

Also for RoboCup 2013 a web-based system is used, regonline. Only qualified teams can register. Please wait until your league qualifies the teams, so your team will be available in regonline. There is a registration code necessary, which we will send to the team leaders of the qualified teams.

Registration proceeds separately for each qualified team and for the team leader and team members. When registering a team, you need to include the information for a “point of contact” for the team. Please note, though, that the person serving as point of contact is not registered at that time, but only the team is registered. In addition to registering your team, all team leaders and team members need to register as Faculty/Staff or Student participants.

a.   Payment

Credit card payments are immediately validated, therefore we strongly recommend payment by credit card. The other available method of payment takes time. No registration is considered complete until full payment is received.

b.   Invitation letter

The participants from the countries requiring visas will need an invitation letter. The invitation letter will be sent by email to the participants, at our very earliest convenience after the registration is complete. Please wait patiently for the payment to be complete. If you still have questions, please email to  <mailto:visa at robocup2013.org> visa at robocup2013.org.

c.   Major Leagues registration

Qualified teams are organized by league. No major team can register after May 31, 2013. Team members can only register after their team registration is complete.

Early registration

1 March – 30 April 2013

Team: 600 EUR

Faculty/staff: 380 EUR

Student: 270 EUR

Individual*: 380 EUR

Regular registration

1 May – 31 May 2013

Team: 700 EUR

Faculty/staff: 430 EUR

Student: 320 EUR

Individual*: 430 EUR

Late/onsite registration

1 June 2013 – 30 June 2013

Team: not available

Faculty/staff: 480 EUR

Student: 370 EUR

Individual*: 480 EUR

* Major Individual – Faculty who do not have teams, but want to register for the competition can register as a non-participant. No prior registration of a team is required in these cases. These participants are invited to all social events, but may not enter team areas and do not receive a RoboCup-2013 certificate.

We strongly encourage everyone to register as early as possible. Please avoid on-site registration, as we may be forced to reject on-site registrations due to space limitations. Nobody will be admitted to the site and to the team areas before being fully registered and all payments have been received. There will be no exceptions. Long waiting hours may be incurred at the on-site registration.

d.   Junior Leagues registration

·         Before you can register your junior team, the team must be qualified. Please contact your RoboCupJunior national representative for all questions concerning qualification.

·         Junior teams must have at least two team members in order to register. Junior teams must consist of minimum of two team members.

·         We strongly recommend teams to register all team students at once. The system does not allow you to add only one team student to your existing registration. Adding more team student(s) later without two extra students will not be possible

·         Parents or other mentors need to register as Junior Parent/Chaperone for permission to enter the site at any time, to be admitted to certain restricted areas, and to participate in social events.

·         Parents accompanying their children, who want to visit the site only during hours for public access and only in areas open to the public, do not need to register.

Early registration

1 March – 31 May 2013

Team: 120 EUR

Mentor: 120 EUR

Student: 100 EUR

Junior parent / Chaperone: 120 EUR

Late/onsite registration

1 June 2013 – RoboCup 2013

Team: not available

Mentor: 220 EUR

Student: 200 EUR

Junior parent / Chaperone: 220 EUR

We strongly encourage everyone to register as early as possible. Please avoid on-site registration, as we may be forced to reject on-site registrations due to space limitations. Nobody will be admitted to the site and to the team areas before being fully registered and all payments have been received. There will be no exceptions. Long waiting hours may be incurred at the on-site registration.

e.   Registration as Symposium Only participant

It is possible for both faculty and students to register as Symposium Only participants. Invitation letters to Symposium Only participants are issued to those with accepted publications therein, only. On the registration web site, choose “Symposium Only Faculty/Staff” or ”Symposium Only Student”.

Fees Symposium Only:

·         Faculty/staff:  250 EUR

·         Student: 150 EUR

All registered team members are automatically admitted to the Symposium. Team members do not need to register separately for the symposium.

On the website ( <http://www.robocup2013.org> www.robocup2013.org) you can find more information including the payment methods and visa and cancellation policy. More details regarding visa are also included further on in this newsletter.

3.   VISA

You can apply for a short stay visa at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your country 3 months before the competitions start. Make sure that you include the following documents in your application:

*	Valid passport (travel document)
*	Letter of invitation. RoboCup2013 only sends out a letter of invitation after your registration is complete, i.e. after you paid the registration fees.
*	Evidence showing that you have sufficient means of support for your stay in the Netherlands, transit journey, and/or return journey. This means showing you have at least €34,- per person per day at your disposal for the duration of your visa (for example by means of bank statements, traveller’s cheques or cash).
*	Documents showing you have adequate medical travel insurance.
*	Proof of reservations for the journey.
*	Documents which make the return to your country of origin or country of continuous residence plausible. Such as an employer’s statement, records of children attending school, proof of ownership of your own house and/or other immovable property.
*	Two passport photographs.

Please note: An embassy or consulate may always ask you for extra documents or items.

Please note: To speed up the visa-requests, the Dutch embassies prefer teams to make a group appointment for all the team-members.

For more information, see  <http://english.ind.nl/images/ind8022-vvkv-eng_tcm111-326114.pdf> the brochure of the Immigration and Naturalisation service of the Dutch Government or  <http://www.government.nl/issues/visa-for-the-netherlands-and-the-caribbean-parts-of-the-kingdom/visa-for-the-netherlands-the-schengen-visa/how-to-apply-for-a-schengen-visa> the website of the Dutch government.

An overview of the countries for which a visum is required is included on the website  <http://www.robocup2013.org/visa-information> www.robocup2013.org/visa-information.

4.   Cargo

For RoboCup 2013, every team is free to select its own company for shipment of the robots. The 24th and 25th of June between 09.00 and 12.00, your goods can be delivered to the address below:

RoboCup 2013

Theo Koomenlaan 1

5644 HZ Eindhoven

The Netherlands

Please note: Every team is responsible for receiving their own goods at the venue. RoboCup 2013 will not receive or store any goods.

Please note: The RoboCup 2013 organization is not responsible for calamities, disputes or claims concerning direct agreements between competing teams in RoboCup 2013 and any shipper.

The organization recommends MOL logistics as a possible shipment company. You can find more information regarding shipment through MOL logistics in this document ( <http://www.robocup2013.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Info-MOL-SHIPPING-INSTRUCTIONS-ROBOCUP2013.pdf> link), which is also linked on the website.

5.   Acommodations

Below you can find an overview of accommodations in several price categories. The listed accommodations offer special prices during RoboCup 2013. Reservations have to be made by the teams themselves. For the RoboCupJunior teams there is besides the listed accommodations an additional option in the form of a Junior camping, of which you can find the details using this on the website under ‘Participants’ à ‘Junior Camping’.

Name

Travel distance

Price range

Van der Valk Hotel Eindhoven****

1 km

€€€

Hampshire Hotel Parkzicht***

2.3 km

€€

3BE Backpackers Bed & Breakfast Eindhoven

2.4 km

€

Mercure Hotel Eindhoven****

2.6 km

€€

Sandton Hotel City Centre***©

2.7 km

€€

Park Plaza Eindhoven****©

3 km

€€€

Hotel Auberge Nassau**©

3.8 km

€€

Benno*©

3.8 km

€

Hotel la Reine ©

3.8 km

€€

Boutiquehotel Lumière Hampshire Classic***©

4 km

€€

Crown Inn***©

4 km

€€

Best Western Premier Art Hotel Eindhoven****©

4 km

€€€

Queen***©

4 km

€€

Hampshire Eden Crown Hotel****©

4.5 km

€€€

Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne****©

4.5 km

€€€

Holiday Inn****©

5 km

€€€

Campanile***

6.2 km

€€

Novotel***

8.5 km

€€

NH Conference Centre Koningshof

8.5 km

€€

NH Best

12.5 km

€€

Carlton de Brug

13 km

€€

Besides the above accommodations there are also a number of holiday parcs in the proximity of Eindhoven at which you can book a bungalow for a group of people. Using the following  <https://maps.google.nl/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=bungalow+parcs+eindhoven> link you can find an overview of the bungalow parcs around Eindhoven in Google maps

6.   Important dates

In the tables below you can find the important dates of the senior competitions, the junior competitions and the symposium.

a.   Senior leagues

Competitions

June 27 – 30

Demonstration games and setup

June 26

Setup

June 24 – 25

Late registration

June 1 – 23

Regular registration(1)

May 1 – 31

Early registration deadline

March 1 – April 30

Deadline for completion of qualification in each RoboCup league(2)

March 15

Team Pre-Registration Deadline(2)

February 15

             (1) No team registration accepted after May 31.

                 (2) Pre-registration and qualification deadlines may vary for some leagues.

b.   Junior leagues

Junior workshop at symposium

July 1

Competitions

June 27 – 30

Setup

June 26

Late registration

June 1 – 23

Registration(1)

April 1  - May 31

Pre-registration by national or regional representatives

March 1  - May 4

Release of team allocations (quota for each country/region)

February 28

Submission of placeholder applications by regional representatives

January 28 – February 20

              (1) No team registration accepted after May 31.

c.   Symposium à Extended deadline!

Symposium

July 1

Submission of camera-ready copies

May 15

Notification to authors

April 28

Submission of full papers

March 22

7.   Contact

For questions regarding RoboCup 2013, please contact one of the mail addresses below.

General:           <mailto:info at robocup2013.org> info at robocup2013.org

Chairs:              <mailto:chair at robocup2013.org> chair at robocup2013.org

Competitions:  <mailto:competitions at robocup2013.org> competitions at robocup2013.org

Towards the 2013 competitions we will send regular newsletters to keep you informed regarding the organization and details that are important for the various leagues and teams.

We hope to welcome you all at the Genneper Parcs in Eindhoven!

On behalf of the RoboCup 2013 organization.

Best regards,

Roel Merry & René van de Molengraft

(co-chairs RoboCup 2013)

cid:image002.jpg at 01CE1F67.BF4C6330