[robocup-small] New Referee Box Protocol

Angelo Gurzoni Jr jgurzoni at yahoo.com.br
Fri Nov 9 19:52:59 EST 2012

Hello there
I always get amazed to see how many bright people we have around. We need to discuss more, that's great !

I'd say the time format is not critical, so we may want to make sure we don't forget the rest of the protocol going too deep about the time format  discussion. For instance, how about having a command and button for corner/goal kick ?

About the time, though, I have the opinion that we don't need "much" (I know, this is very relative) precision, and the level we get from the SSL-Vision format versus its code complexity is a good trade-off. So why not to just use the same, to make it easy ? if it was to change, then I'd say to change both together. The NTP/ refbox having NTPD idea is great. Let's not forget, though, we most likely won't be able to get more than the millisecond order of sync with it, making anything more precise hard to attain

Cheers