[robocup-small] Qualification Results

Amanda Li amanda.crystal.li at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:44:25 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Just a heads up that in case you are not checking our wiki daily, our
qualification results are up!  (
http://small-size.informatik.uni-bremen.de/robocup2012:teams )

If your team is listed as conditionally qualified, we will be contacting
you shortly with the reasons why and what we are expecting from your team
to get full qualifications. If your team has not managed to make it this
year, we wish you the best of luck with development in the coming year.  We
also welcome you to email this mailing list or use our Facebook group to
connect to the community to help your team improve. Ask for help or start
discussions!

If your team is qualified, congratulations!  Please note the following
still:

   - If your team sent a paper that is not in proper format (see
   the qualification criteria)*, please send it in again with proper
   formatting. *These papers are all being published in the official
   robocup disc circulated to all participants in the entire conference. We
   would like to show the other leagues that SSL submits very professional
   looking papers :).
   - Confirmation of good financial standings are due by *April 20th*
   - *Technical Challenges are coming out soon, and we hope you will
   pre-register for them *

Since the OC and TC has spent a good amount of time reading your papers and
watching your videos, we do have quite a bit of feedback.  Your team may be
contacted with some feedback from us.  If you don't hear anything, feel
free to reach out to us if you have any questions on your paper or video.
 We did have some general feedback for everybody of how many teams could
improve.

   1. Please read our qualifications carefully!  If next year, you are
   confused at a rule, please ask.
   2. We really like when teams specifically indicated what we were
   supposed to be looking at or reading.  Example:
      1. Videos that had subtitles saying 'this is the robot shooting' or
      'here you can see collaborative game play'
      2. TDPs that had size, ball coverage and other standards in easy to
      spot places
      3. TDPs that had good headings and sub sections that made it easy to
      read and find specific sections!
   3. Next year, please remember to CC the league with your papers or
   videos!
   4. Please read each other's TDPs! Don't just read the top 3 teams'
   either. Some of the younger or new teams have very interesting ideas, or
   could use your feedback :).

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns on all of this.

*88 Days until Robocup 2012! *

Cheers,
Amanda Li
Sent on Behalf of the 2012 RoboCup SSL Organizing Committee