[robocup-small] problems with SSL Vision :/

Bernhard Perun bernhard.perun at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:31:54 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

at the moment we want to configure our two AVT Marlin F046C cams in SSL
Vision, so that we can use them with the highest framerate possible.

Unfortunatelly we're experiencing a lot of problems letting SSL Vision run
with these two cams.

Our settings:
- OS: Debian 6.0
- SSL-Vision mode: YUV422
- One Delock Express Card - 34 Firewire card (notebook) / One WinTech
Controller Card (VIA 6306 Chipset) (desktop pc)

The SSL-Vision errors we've got:
1. The unpatched version of SSL Vision is running with one cam only (max 25
frames). If we want to start the second one, we will get the error: Could
not allocate ISO channel (should be a known issue)
2. With a patched version (divide the bandwidth by two) of SSL Vision our
two cams are working with only max. 18 frames each.

Do you have any experience with these kind of problems or can you answer
these questions, please:

- What kind of Linux/libdc1394 do you use?
- Which SSL-Vision settings (Raw8, YUV422, ...) do you use?
- What kind of firewire card do you use and how many cams per card (one or
two)?
- Do you have any clues to get SSL Vision running successfully?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

*Bernhard Perun*
Project leader "Tigers Mannheim"
Cooperative State University Baden-Wuerttemberg
Coblitzallee 1-9
68163 Mannheim
E-Mail: bernhard.perun at googlemail.com
Internet: www.tigers-mannheim.de