[robocup-small] SSL Vision System!!

Yang Liu yli at puv.fi
Mon Feb 1 03:23:00 EST 2010

Hi,

We have tested SSL-Vision in China Open a few weeks ago and did not
experience any similar problems. We have run all the games with SSL-Vision,
except it has crashed once (which was known problem before), the
identifications of robots, both own and opponent positions and headings,
were quite stable, actually nothing to complain.

I suppose the ID swapping problem is most probably caused by colour
calibration, or the hardware (focus of camera, etc.). I don't think the
lighting will cause any major problem as we use also fluorescent lighting in
our lab. But through careful calibration of colours and adjustment of lens
focus/shutter speed, this should not be a problem at all. By the way we are
using standard AVT Stingray cameras with low distortion lens.

Good luck!

Yang Liu
Botnia