[robocup-small] about the robot markers

Mani Monajjemi mani.monajjemi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:27:54 EST 2009

Hi Muhammad,

i wanted to know whether the light green, light pink and cyan markers also
> have to be circular and with diameter 5 cm. or can we make markers of any
> other shape with these colors (like square or rectangular). and whether
> there size can be smaller than 5cm. any help would be greatly appreciated

[According to 2009 rules], There's no restriction on size of other markers,
they can be smaller than 5cm and they can have shapes other than circles.
You can look at B-Smart or KIKS patterns for an example.

However, as in RoboCup 2010, all teams must use the shared vision system and
are not allowed to use their own vision hardware/software, a standard
pattern will be introduced in rules and all team must use that standard
pattern.

The TC is currently working on new rules and the patterns will be defined in
detail soon.

Regards,
Mani Monajjemi