[robocup-small] Penalty Kick

Alireza Haghshenas alirezahaghshenas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:53:34 EDT 2009

Hi all

in the rules, the defending goalkeeper receiving a penalty kick should
remain facing outward the goal

1- why is there such a rule? in all other rules only the position of the
robot is important and no distinction is ever made about different parts
of the robot.
2- strictly speaking, there is no formal definition of the robot "face".
The natural feeling is that the robot's flat side with kicker should be
considered as face. But there is no requirement on the existence and
uniqueness of such a "face".

what's my real intention for asking these questions: some robots are not
designed to move and accelerate equally well in all directions. While
-in my opinion- putting such a constraint on the goal keeper makes no
improvement to the gameplay, it decreases the keepers mobility and
responsiveness.

I think it's better to remove the constraint.

Bests,
Alireza Haghshenas

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4177 (20090622) __________

http://www.eset.com