[robocup-small] RoboCup2009 Newsletter

Alexander Hofmann alexander.hofmann at technikum-wien.at
Tue Jun 2 08:33:44 EDT 2009

Dear RoboCuppers,

We hope things are going well with your preparation for RoboCup'09. There
are only four weeks left to the event. Therefore, we would like to update
you with information about the logistics.

1) Transportation

The information about transportation from the airports of Vienna and Graz to
the venue and about the transportation within the city of Graz have been
updated. Please refer for details to the following link:

http://www.robocup2009.org/122-0-transportation.html

2) Check-in at the Venue

Check in time slots:

Senior Teams:   Mon. June 29 2009 8:00 - 18:00
                Tue. June 30 2009 8:00 - 17:00
Junior Teams:   Wed. July 01 2009 8:00 - 13:00

Please note that there are requirements to be able to check in. One
important requirement is that all mentors and members of teams read and sign
the attached liability and image release form. For participants under the
age of 18, one of their parents or guard has to sign the form. So please
prepare the forms soon. Without a signed form, nobody is allowed to enter
the venue. Please do not email the form to us. Just bring it with you for
the check in.

For further details, refer to:

http://www.robocup2009.org/292-0-check-in.html

3) Shipping and Customs

The details for the shipping of equipment to Graz and about the customs
process have been updated.

For further details on customs:

http://www.robocup2009.org/123-0-cargo-shipping.html

4) Letters of Invitations

Most of the invitation letters have been issued to confirmed registered team
members. We will continue to issue the remaining needed letters for
registered with confirmed payment for RCJunior participants until the
deadline of June 6, 2009. By then, we will send a final list of all persons
who received a letter of invitation via the Austrian Foreign Ministry to all
relevant Austrian embassies. Having your name on this list is a requirement
for a successful visa application. Please note that the electronic version
of the letter is sufficient for the visa application.

5) Mexican Flu (aka Swine Flu or H1N1 Virus)

The World Health Organization (WHO) does not recommend any restrictions in
travel. In particular, there are no restrictions for traveling to and from
Austria. Only passengers coming for Mexico have to be announced to the
authorities and will be screened if necessary.
Please check updated information on the news and internet.

6) Electricity

Austria uses 230 Volts AC at 50Hz and the European plug (aka SchuKo or CEE
7/4). We will not be able to provide any power converters nor any adapters.
So please note that it is your responsibility to bring the appropriate
adapters, which are widely available at airports in particular or in local
electricity stores.

7) Accommodation for Senior Teams

Graz hotels are getting full very quickly. If you have not done yet, please
book your accommodation as soon as possible. There are still some rooms
available, but there are other events taking place. The Graz Tourism Office
will be happy to assist you with your accommodation.

For details please refer to:

http://www.robocup2009.org/121-0-accomodation.html

8) Accommodation for Junior Teams

We blocked several inexpensive rooms exclusively for Junior teams. The
process for the allocation of these rooms is easy:

1. Once your team is fully and correctly registered, we send you an email
with information about our booking system. Fully and correctly means that
the team, all mentors, the contact persons, and all students are registered
in the right category and the full payment was received.

2. Once you entered your accommodation request in our booking system we find
an appropriate option and communicate it to you.

3. Once you accept the option, we book the rooms, and send you a
confirmation and detailed information about your accomodaition.
Processing each request inevitably requires care and some time.

Note the number of rooms for this option are limited and there is no
guarantee to get rooms from this contingent. Requests will be processed in
first come  - first server manner. Due to the limited number of rooms this
service will end soon.

If you cannot wait for our processing of the assignment of this special
inexpensive accommodation for Junior teams, please feel free to use the
regular booking of the Graz Tourism Office. Please see:

http://www.robocup2009.org/121-0-accomodation.html

We wish you all the best for the remaining preparations. We look forward to
seeing you in Graz.

Best regards,

The RoboCup 2009 Organizing Committee