[robocup-small] Referee Box functions

Armin Burchardt armin at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Mon May 25 12:30:32 EDT 2009

Hi Bhahador!

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 08:58:02AM -0700, Thunderbots UBC wrote:
> Hi RoboCuppers,
> We have a few questions regarding the function of the referee box:
> (1) The referee box does not contain options for goal kick, throw-in and
> corner kick. How will the referee indicate these special plays to the
> robots?

There are buttons for indirect and direct freekicks, which
are used in this situations.

> (3) What is the difference between "force start" and "normal start"?

Force start is used to start the game without waiting for an
event (for example if a team is unable to execute a
kickoff). Both teams are allowed to kick the ball, which is
not the case in a 'normal start' (kickoff).

> (4) The options "force start" and "normal start" are available after
> "kickoff" or "penalty kick" is chosen, but not after "Freekick" and
> "Indirect" is chosen. Why is this so?

There was the possibility for the team which has kickoff to
wait, until the referee signals a 'force start'. This is a
bit unfair, as this results in a direct freekick.

Armin