[robocup-small] Announcements for RoboCup 2009

Stefan Zickler szickler at cs.cmu.edu
Fri May 22 14:38:51 EDT 2009

Hi All,

following are a few announcements regarding RoboCup 2009:

1) Technical Challenges
The technical challenges are now posted on the Small Size League Website:

http://small-size.informatik.uni-bremen.de/robocup2009:technical_challenges

Besides having slightly increased the difficulty of the two basic
technical challenges from last year, the TC has also added a third
challenge for "Mixed Team Play". We strongly encourage teams to
participate in this challenge as it will act as a first experiment
towards potential future mixed team games.

2) Marker Colors
This year, the organizing committee will provide standardized colored
paper at the competition, not only for the center markers
(yellow/blue), but also for the outer markers (pink/green/cyan/white).
Use of these standard colors is strongly recommended, and is
furthermore *required* for your team if your opponent requests this
from your team for any game(s). Please make sure to request the use of
standard colors from your opponent well before the game starts to
avoid last minute delays.
This standardization of colors should particularly help teams which
decide to use (and potentially share the output) of SSL-Vision.

3) Referee Reminder
At this point, we would like to remind everybody that each team will
need to prepare multiple (preferably three) team-members to help with
refereeing at RoboCup. We ask that all teams thoroughly read and
memorize the rules before the competition and also make themselves
familiar with the official refbox software.
Finally, we also want to remind people to dress appropriately for
refereeing as to not interfere with the vision system...No orange
shoes please! :-)

Thanks!
Stefan
(on behalf of the TC)