[robocup-small] Zach Noyes: University of Rochester Robotics: Batteries and charger ideas

Zachary Noyes znoyes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:12:09 EST 2009

Hi small league,

I'm Zach from University of Rochester Robotics. For our batteries and
charger, we found a set of 5 batteries that each take an hour to charge. The
charger only charges one battery at a time, so charging takes a total of
five hours. In your experience in actual rounds, do you need a total
charging time shorter than 5 hours? How much shorter? We calculated that one
battery charge would last the robot 52 minutes, so that is almost 3 rounds.
We will be trying to go to the US open this year, so there may not be as
many rounds as in the world tournament.

If any one wants ideas for batteries and a charger, here's the batteries we
are using:
http://www.all-battery.com/148volt-4000mah20cli-polylipo4cellsbatterypack.aspx

And here is the charger we are using:
http://www.all-battery.com/micro-controlledli-poli-ionbalancechargerwlcddisplay.aspx