[robocup-small] Questions about ETDP

Mahisorn Wongphati mahisorn.w at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:54:02 EST 2008

Hi Junya,

> I'm Junya Maeno, a team leader of RoboDragons.
>
> We have some questions about Extended Team Description Paper(ETDP).
>
> ・What is the relation between the evaluation of the ETDP and the
> selection of the seeded team?

Top 8 teams those provide a good enough ETDP will place as a seeded team.

> ・How many teams will be seeded?

8 teams or less.

For example,
Best case: All team submit a good ETDP
If we have enough teams to create a 4 group for round robin (>16 or
20) the top 4 team from last year will become A1, B1, C1, D1.
And top 5 - 8 will be seed after top 4 team. Other team will random
place in each group.

Worst  case: No one submit the  ETDP (Please do not do this)
All teams may randomly place in each group.

(This is just an example not a final decision of the OC about grouping)

> ・If we will not submit the ETDP, are we not able to be seeded?

Please consider the ETDP as "One of the best ways to provide a good
start point for the new and young teams in small-size leagues is
Learning from the Best"
We (SSL committee) request the ETDP from top teams to help a new,
young or old teams to accelerate their development and make our SSL
better and stronger.
This is also a good chance for you team to make every one known about
your effort on the SSL league and good information to tell the RoboCup
community about you position in SSL.

There is no issue about the qualification if your team don't submit an ETDP.
If your team (top 8 teams from last year) not provide the ETDP to OC
we may not place your team as seeded team.

Best Regards,