[robocup-small] Electrical Motor feedback: accelerometers and encoders: necessary?

Parsian Robotic webmaster at parsianrobotic.com
Mon May 26 15:29:54 EDT 2008

Dear Zachary

Well, we have not used on-board speed control system for our robots, but we
do not suggest this method. The vision feedback does not work well on
position control. We tried so hard to overcome the problems, but the results
- compared to encoder powered robots - was not satisfying. We are working
now on new robots with local speed control system.

I hope that will help.

-- Mani
Parsian Team