[robocup-small] A proposal to teams who have FOV problems

Tim Laue timlaue at tzi.de
Mon Mar 10 11:39:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

> probably have FOV problem to cover all the boundary lines. Team Plasmas
> had mentioned earlier. Our proposal is to lift the height for the camara
> bar up to 4.2m as an alternative solution. Fiction arms are convenient
> to mount cameras at the feasible position. In my opinion, it will be
> harmless to most of teams who participate in the coming contest and will
> benifit those teams who may have FOV problems.

the TC has internally discussed this issue during the "Major Rule
Changes" phase. Although (in some cases) it might be an easy and
efficient option to keep existing vision hardware working, we decided
against a higher position of the mounting bar.
We rejected this option not for technical reasons but for safety
concerns. Letting scientist climb up shaky ladders for mounting things
is already hazardous enough with a height of 4m. Lifting the bar makes
it even more risky.

Best regards,

Tim
On behalf of the TC

Dipl.-Inf. Tim Laue                 Courier Mail Address:
FB3 Mathematik - Informatik         Cartesium 1.057
Universität Bremen                  FB3
Postfach 330 440                    Universität Bremen
D-28334 Bremen                      Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
Phone: (+49) 421-218-64209          D-28359 Bremen
Fax:   (+49) 421-218-9864209