[robocup-small] Preliminary Summary of Minor Rule Changes

Tim Laue timlaue at tzi.de
Mon Jan 14 09:23:24 EST 2008

Hi!

In this e-mail, I want to give a brief summary of the current state of
the rule change discussion.
The initial posting containing a number of rule changes was from the
team B-Smart. Since there have not been any suggestions about changing
other rules in the meantime, I will use their order and numbering:

1+2 Competition Rules
=====================

There seems to be an agreement, that we need to write down these rules.
There has been an additional suggestion by the RoboDragons.
I would suggest to add the competition rules as an appendix to the
standard rules document.

3 Referee Box and the End of the Game
=====================================

Everybody agrees with letting the referee('s whistle) determine the end
of the game. I already asked Armin Burchardt to update the referee box
application.

4 Modification of the Goals
===========================
Everybody agrees with the proposed modification of the goals.

5 Dribbler Restriction
======================
There are different opinions about this proposal. It seems that a
majority wants to keep at least the distance restriction. Maybe we need
a bit more discussion about this issue.

6 "Force Start"
===============
Most teams agree with the proposal from B-Smart.

7 Restriction of Chip Kick
==========================
Regarding the restriction of the chip kick, many teams agree with the
following: We need more discussion!
The has been a set of different proposals, hopefully we could work out
something everybody agrees with.

8 New Defense Area
==================
Most teams agree with the proposed new defense area.

9 + 10 Challenges
=================
I would like to postpone the discussion about the challenges. I think we
should finish the rules first.

Best regards,

Tim

Dipl.-Inf. Tim Laue                 Courier Mail Address:
FB3 Mathematik - Informatik         Cartesium 1.057
Universität Bremen                  FB3
Postfach 330 440                    Universität Bremen
D-28334 Bremen                      Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
Phone: (+49) 421-218-64209          D-28359 Bremen
Fax:   (+49) 421-218-9864209