[robocup-small] Advice from RoboCup 2008 LOC(**Please BOOK your flights AS SOON AS POSIBBLE**)

Xiong Rong rxiong at iipc.zju.edu.cn
Sat Jan 12 01:42:48 EST 2008

Hi, all,

We would like to ask you to pay attention to the following information we get from
the LOC of RoboCup 2008.

It is estimated that there will be more than 500,000 overseas visitors to
Olympics, Beijing, which will begin on Aug. 8. It is also estimated that 90%
ofthese visitors will make additional tour in other cities or areas of China. We
can predict that Shanghai will be the first option of the additional tour.
Therefore,the international flights to Shanghai will be extremely crowded! As you
know, the LOC can do nothing except providing the information and the advice:

***PLEASE BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!***

There are two international airports, Pudong and Hongqiao, in Shanghai and bothare
OK for your trip, though most international flights will arrive at Pudongairport.
There are shuttle buses from both airports to Suzhou every hour, taking about
1.5-2 and 1 hour, respectively. We will arrange extra buses during the
"participants-arriving rush hour" if needed. We will also arrange volunteers to
help you at both airports.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Xiong Rong
National Laboratory of Industrial Control Technology
Zhejiang University