[robocup-small] Minor Rules Changes and Proposals (Plasma-Z)

Theeraphol Wattanavekin parnurzeal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 03:41:14 EST 2007

Good Morning, GMT+7
Here are opinions from Plasma-Z about the minor rules.

1. Proposal for rules change for "Competition Rules":
::::No comment.

2. Proposal for a rules change for extra time play
and kicks from the penalty mark:
::: We agree with Robodragon.
http://lists.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/robocup-small/2007/001026.html

3. Proposal for change in referee-box for the end of
game:
::: Agree that final judgement should be up to the referee.

4. Proposal for modification of the goals
::: Agree.

5. Proposal for rules change for dribbler restriction
::: We think measuring the distance is better than counting the time
because it's not fair for the team with slower robots if we use
time counting.

6. Proposal for rules change for "force start"
::::No comment.

7. Proposal for rules change for restriction for
"Chip Kick"
::: Disagree. Although the robots are allowed to use chip kick only in the
area behind the pink dots, there are still some chances to score a goal by
chip kick if their chip kicks are powerful enough. So, this rule may be
useless. Our suggestion is to define the new area. Only the chip kick of
which the position of the first bounce of the ball is in this area will be
granted a score, if the  position of the first bounce of the ball is beyond
this area , no score for that chip kick. So if the robot chip so far that
the position of the first bounce of the ball is beyond this new area.
there'll be no score.

8. opinions about the new defense area
::: We disagree on the new defence area.
The defense area should be the same as the older one because the bigger the
defense area is, the more gaps there are. And it will lead to the problem
that
it's too easy for both teams to score. And the tactics is not necessary
anymore, Do you think?

9. Proposal for a Challenge: semi-autonomous referee
system
::: Agree.

10. Proposal for a Challenge: Shared vision system
::: Agree

According to the bigger Field Size, we suggest that we should increasing the
robot size as well so that the vision system will be able to detect the
robots more effectively and accurately. Moreover, increasing the robot size
also increase the performance of robots and make it's more easier to create
a new robot, too. The diameter may be 1-2 cm longer.

Best regards,
Plasma-Z