[robocup-small] Minor Rules Changes and Proposals

Fei wfwang at iipc.zju.edu.cn
Fri Dec 28 01:41:15 EST 2007

Hi,
Here is my own opinion about the Chip Kick rule.

7. Proposal for rules change for restriction for "Chip Kick"

I think a strange situation for "Chip Kick" should be well defined in the
rule.

http://www.nlict.zju.edu.cn/ssl/video/goal3_ZJUNLICTvsRoboDragon.wmv
	The video in the URL above records a goal scored in the game for 3rd
place in Atlanta.
The situation is :
 - Team B defender kick a ball out but the ball hit  a Team A member then
flies in the Team B's Goal.

	In my opinion, this should not be a goal.
	The chip kick restriction is defined to help the defence team and
balance the game play. It is difficult to find the exact ball place when a
chip kick occured(at least for most of the team in Atlanta). Even if the
ball position was known, we can not expect our defence robot jump up to stop
the ball.
	So if a ball lastly touched the attack team and flies up into the
goal when no one in the defence team have the ability to stop it ,it should
be a chip kick and should not be scored.
	What do you think?

	But there seems a new funny situation: what about Team B member
directly chip kick a ball in his own goal by mistake?
	I think more discussion should be taken.

	Any way ,as what had mentioned by Paulo Costa,  "new situation in
play occurs" should be well defined in the new rule to avoid this kind of
confusion.

Regards,
Wenfei Wang
ZJUNLICT