[robocup-small] Minor Rules Changes and Proposals (by B-Smart)

Beng Kiat Ng nbk at np.edu.sg
Wed Dec 26 20:28:43 EST 2007

Hi all,
one comment regarding this proposal,

3. Proposal for change in referee-box for the end of game:

I would definitely agree that end of game be decided by the referee. We
should further include all stop/continuation (i.e free kick, penalty etc)
in play be controlled by the referee, preferably through the whistle.
(Should we insist referee has whistle in his mouth at all time?)

I still remember the game between FieldRanger and BigRed a couple of years
ago. The referee indicated a foul, then blew the whistle after a brief
delay (the whistle wasn't in his mouth when the foul occured) and the
referee assistant stop the game after another brief delay. In between, a
goal was scored by FieldRanger which was subsequently disallowed as the
referee maintained that the goal was scored after he shouted foul. Field
Ranger insisted  it should be a goal as the kick was made before their host
computer sent the stop signal. Their argument was that the deciding signal
should be the referee box signal and not when the referee shouted foul.

Regards
BengKiat

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged/confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please delete it immediately and notify the sender .