[robocup-small] ECE496y1y thesis project robocup team and sharing of information and resources

Raymond Leon raymond.leon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 17:27:23 EDT 2007

Hi Ramy,

I've discussed with my teammates about the idea of sharing our knowledge and
designs in exchange for resources. They are open to the idea. So, the basic
idea is that we will give you what knowledge we have, our research and
access to our designs. In exchange, we would like access to a room to store
equipment(such as a field and a camera mount), if possible, and access to
your team's equipment.

I would like to meet up with your robocup team to talk about this in person.
When can we meet? I am free on Thursday from 9:00am to 10:00 am and from
11:00am to 3:00pm and then from 6:00 to 7:00pm. On Friday, I am free after
6:00pm, but may be able to spend an hour from 11:00 to 13:00 if necessary.

My phone numbers are:
cell: 647-521-2004
residence phone: 416-978-8863, then dial 7, then 625

Currently, my team consists of 4 people, and we are have decided to focus
our $1000 budget on two robots and a vision system. We will be buying a Lego
NXT kit and will be building any robots we make from scratch. We haven't
bought a camera yet, and plan to buy one soon. Also, because the result of
my group's project is supposed to reflect the efforts of my group only, it
may not always be admissible for us to use your ideas and there will be a
necessary separation between the work from our two teams. However, if we get
two sets of robots working, we may be able to compete with each other...

Please get back to me as soon as possible on this issue, as we would like to
talk to our supervisor about this situation to ensure that it's okay with
him. We are working under the supervision of Professor Ng from ECE.

Raymond