[robocup-small] Camera FOV testing

Mahisorn Wongphati mahisorn.w at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:39:30 EDT 2007

Hi All,

This is our testing result on our vision system. We use following component.

Lens - Tamron 12VM412ASIR @ 4mm focal length
(http://www.tamron.com/cctv/prod/12vm412asir.asp)
Camera - F046C (no different on FOV between 640x480 and 780x580 resolution)
http://www.alliedvisiontec.com/avt-products/cameras/marlin/f-046-b-bs-c.html

The result is we can have maximum FOV about 5200mmx3850mm for each
camera (roughly measure by tape-ruler). And the real FOV will become
smaller when we include the hight of our robots.

At maximum field size that propose by Tim 7.9mx5.6m (44,24m² 37.74m²
101,09% 115,66%). We can still use our old system without change
anything. But I have a new proposal, if we want to use the largest
field we should change the height for the camara bar to 4.5m or more
(yes, more dangerous). Because if we have 5 or more teams on each
field some teams will unable to mount their cameras at the feasible
position. They will have FOV problem at 4m. height for sure.

What do you thing ?

Best Regards,
Mahisorn Wongphati
(Plasma-Z)