[robocup-small] Schedule for SSL Rules 2008

Beng Kiat Ng nbk at np.edu.sg
Sun Sep 30 21:08:25 EDT 2007

I believe a lower speed ball would not improve passing.

The current problem is that robots are too fast and has unlimited energy.
And they are too clumsy in term of ball handling. So passing takes a longer
time compared to blocking a ball as the receiving robot takes a while to
get control of the ball and change direction, compared to the defending
robot, which are capable of accelerating to a postion at very high speed.

We need slower robot, or more dexterous robot (able to dribble faster and
more skillfully) or bigger field.

Regards
BengKiat

             Andy Bardagjy
             <andyb at gatech.edu
             Sent by:                  robocup-small-bounces at cc.gatech.edu
             robocup-small-bou         , robocup-small at cc.gatech.edu
             nces at cc.gatech.ed                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [robocup-small] Schedule for
             09/29/2007 04:21          SSL Rules 2008
             AM

             Please respond to
             andyb at gatech.edu

Do you think that with a different ball (heavier and/or softer) we would
be able to lower kick speed further and force passing and coordination?

Andy Bardagjy
Georgia Tech RoboJackets

robocup-small-bounces at cc.gatech.edu