[robocup-small] Schedule for SSL Rules 2008

Lim Yuen Siong LIMYS at sp.edu.sg
Tue Sep 18 22:38:00 EDT 2007

Hi

We do not support the major change proposal to incresae the field size so
drastically. The effort and cost needed to support this change is high. Any
change in field size should be easily adapted from the current vision
system. We would like to use our resource in the AI development aspect of
the game instead.

As to crowding problem, I think the proposal from Tadashi Naruse is good.
It give incentives to develop a smaller robot but does not stop the current
robot from being used. On the longer term, we might want to move to smaller
robots to overcome the crowding problem, instead of making the field bigger
all the time.

Lim Yuen Siong
Field Ranger