[robocup-small] Schedule for SSL Rules 2008

Beng Kiat Ng nbk at np.edu.sg
Thu Sep 13 20:27:55 EDT 2007

Hi Roman,

I believe we all want to see more team coordination.
And team coordination is impossible (or limited) if there's no/little
passing.

Currently, passing rarely occurs during gameplay. And we are limited to one
pass most of the time. It would be nice to see a string of passes, where
team can control the ball and create opportunities.

As for ball speed, I don't see it affecting passing much. The ball has to
be much faster than robot speed. I would think that currently, the main
problem is that robot is too fast. Cutting down robot speed will reduce
field size requirement, but nobody has a good idea on controlling robot
speed yet.

The only problem I have with current ball speed is that robot can score
from one end of the field to the other. That really discourage passing as
there is less need to bring the ball up to the opponent side of field.

Regards
BengKiat

             "Roman Shtylman"
             <shtylman at gmail.c
             Sent by:                  robocup-small-bounces at cc.gatech.edu
             robocup-small-bou         , robocup-small at cc.gatech.edu
             nces at cc.gatech.ed                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [robocup-small] Schedule for
             09/12/2007 09:53          SSL Rules 2008
             AM

This is Roman from the Georgia Tech team. I think that a larger field
would be an improvement and add to the gameplay possibilities like
passing and better team coordination. However I am interested to know
what the primary objective is in increasing the size, I think that
that will partially dictate just how and how much to change the size.

Would this mean that the max kicking speed would also change?

~Roman