[robocup-small] Major rules proposals for 2007

Poom Kongniratsaikul abzeedeai at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 3 12:17:55 EST 2007

Team: Skuba

==== FIELD SIZE ====

Proposal: Increase field size slightly for 2007.  The
outer dimensions of the field remain the same,
but the inner dimensions are increased by 200mm in both
directions.  This is achieved by shrinking the
"margin" outside the area of play from 300mm to 200mm.

We agree with the increased size, although it would be inconvenient for us
because of the height of  the ceiling in our lab . But if the outer
dimension would be increased in the following year, that will be a big
problem for us.

==== SEMI-AUTOMATIC REFEREE ====

This year we will be adopting an ethernet-based referee,
which allows teams a measure of self-refereeing. It is based on
the concept demonstrated at last year's RoboCup by Plasma-Z.
Participation this year will be voluntary, but strongly encouraged.
The referee program will still have a serial output like the old referee
program, but that interface may not have the full functionality
of the new ethernet interface.

Agree, we prefer the ethernet port to the serial but we need more details
about this new referee box.

==== ROBOT KICK SPEED LIMITATION ====

Proposal: Limit the maximum speed a ball can be kicked, to something
like 10m/s.

I think that it's a litle bit hard to measure the maximum speed of the ball
the robots could do or the speed of the ball in play. We would like to
change the ball instead. But if we really have to, we prefer 10m/s.

btw. our robots would past this test perfectly :)

==== ROBOT KICKER SAFETY ====

Proposal: Limit maximum voltage of energy storage for kickers.
Kicking devices are also not allowed to use explosive chemical
reactions to power their kick.

If we should limit the voltage, the capicity should be limited too.

The current ball will not be changed for this year, but
the TC is strongly considering different balls for 2008 and beyond.

We agree and we hope that this new ball will be available in our country.

Regards

Poom Kongniratsaikul
Skuba - Senior Member