[robocup-small] Opinions of ZJUNlict on the proposed changes

Fei wfwang at iipc.zju.edu.cn
Sun Jan 28 01:47:01 EST 2007

Team: ZJUNlict

These are the discussions of the topics that concerned us.

==== SEMI-AUTOMATIC REFEREE ====

It's a good idea, but more details need to be provided. If we don't have enough time to test the new referee box by Ethernet, the serial port will be used.

==== ROBOT KICK SPEED LIMITATION ====

Our preferred speed limitation is 10m/s. If the speed is measured by the semi-automatic referee during the game, the stableness and the preciseness of the referee shall be guaranteed. We don¡¯t want the game be interrupted too much because of any technical problem of it.

==== NEW GOALS ====

*The new goal may be higher so that the goalie robot won¡¯t get stuck by the top net (which problem happened to some teams last year in Bremen, because the net sometimes sank to be lower than 150mm).

The transparency of the top net should also ensure that the goalie robot, when under the net, could still be seen by camera.

Best Regards
Wenfei Wang
Contact person of ZJUNlict

Fei