[robocup-small] Opinion on 2007 rules proposal

Nawarat Termtanasombat nawaratwrn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 10:40:58 EST 2007

Hi, all

I'm an Ex-member of Plasma-Z. This is only my opinion not the team.
On the behave that, I initiated the concept of semi-auto referee that I
demonstrated at last year's RoboCup.

Here is the semi-auto referee proposal
http://eic.linux.eng.chula.ac.th/index.php?showtopic=326

There're some hiatuses or holes on the concept. We have to define punishment
for team that intend to cheat by send signal for team benefit. And there're
some point on the rapidly justment of the system, so human can't catch up
what the system has justed. We require a second referee to announce what the
system has justed.

On the interface, I think Ethernet and RS232 both should be provided on the
semi-auto refering. On Ethernet, we have to create our protocol for referee.

And for the limit ball velocity rule, I think we have to create new signal
to indicate that there're breaking of limit velocity rule. If not the human
referee will not be able to know and just correctly.

The last, whose resposibility to develop the new referee box ?
I think, it is easy to modify from the old one.

Nawarat,
Ex-member of Plasma-Z Thailand.