[robocup-small] [**Interesting!**] IranOpen2007 Newsletter #1

Asad Norouzi assadn at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 19:14:34 EST 2006

Dear All RoboCuppers!

**Apologies for duplicate postings**

As many of you have already heard, the dates of IranOpen2007 have
changed to 3-7 April 2007. To see the compplete new schedule please go
http://www.iranopen2007.ir/Participants/Schedule/tabid/145/Default.aspx

The number of teams in most leagues are growing up. The current number of teams are:

Junior Dance League: 0 teams! -- This is due to the fact that there're
no teams in Iran active in this league and usually Junior teams do not
travel around toparticipate in RoboCup Open competitions!

Junior Rescue League: 14 teams (all from Iran)

Junior Soccer Secondary 1 on 1 League: 19 teams (all from Iran)

Junior Soccer Secondary 2 on 2 League: 16 teams (all from Iran)

Middle Size League: 3 teams (all from Iran) -- We really need abroad
teams support in this league! Note that this's going to be the first
official RoboCup Middle Size competitions with the new rules applied.
We're gonna have the double size field. Here you may have the chance to
test your robots in the new field before Atlanta competitions.

@Home League: 10 teams (all from Iran)

Deminer League: 17 teams (all from Iran)

Demo League: 2 teams (all from Iran)

Junior Pathfinder League: 45 teams (all from Iran)

Humanoid League: 2 teams (all from Iran)

Rescue Real League: 19 teams (all from Iran)

Rescue Simulation League: 21 teams (19 from Iran, 1 from Brazil and 1 from China)

Virtual Robot League: 12 teams (11 from Iran and 1 from Brazil)

Small Size League: 10 teams (9 from Iran and 1 from Turkey)

3D League: 40 teams (35 from Iran, 3 from China and 2 from Brazil)

Coach League: 10 teams (9 from Iran and 1 from Spain) -- Note that this
league will not be organized in Atlanta! Therefore you'll here have the
chance to keep your team active for this year and also having the
chance to confront the new rules of this league in IranOpen2007. The
future of this league depends on the results that will be seen during
IranOpen2007 Coach competitions. Thus I think your participation in
this league is of great importance.

As I've already mentioned in my previous emails to lower travel
expences of abroad teams we will cover all your costs during your stay
in Tehran! So you only need to handle your registration fee and travel
tickets. This event is one of the most major Open competitions in the
history of RoboCup. Therefore, we are going to have special awards for
the wining teams! If I were you I wouldn't have missed this special
chance ;-) So hurry up and go to http://www.iranopen2007.ir NOW :-)

I hope to see more teams taking part in IranOpen2007! Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.

Best Regards,

Asad Norouzi

http://mail.yahoo.com