[robocup-small] Ideas for 2007 Rules

Tim Laue timlaue at tzi.de
Thu Oct 19 09:04:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

> I liked the ball that Tim Laue brought to RoboCup last year.  Perhaps we
> should commit to some exposition games using that ball, and try to get
> them distributed to a few teams (Tim, is there a place where can we buy
> them?).  The only problem I foresee with that is the following: to slow

at the RoboCup, we made a demonstration with three different balls and
different kicking robots. There should be a video which gives a good
impression of the different attributes of the balls. We hope to put it
on a web page soon. I should have taken care of that earlier :-(

In advance, I will give you some information about the balls:

* A street hockey ball
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%22Street+Hockey+Ball%22&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=online&sa=N&start=10

* An anti-stress ball
I don't know where to get such a ball. As far as I know, someone from
Portugal brought many of them.

* A ball for some kind of beach ball
I think this is the one which Jim meant. Is has a size similar to a golf
ball and absorbs much energy. Since these balls do not seem to have an
official name, it was quite hard to find the correct set of words which
made Google show these balls ;-) I quite sure that our balls are similar
to these:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%22Beach+Paddle+Set%22&btnG=Search
In Germany, you can buy these balls without the paddles :-)

Some comments on other rule changes will follow.

Best regards,

Tim

Dipl.-Inf. Tim Laue                 Courier Mail Address:
FB3 Mathematik - Informatik         Cartesium 0.057
Universität Bremen                  FB3
Postfach 330 440                    Universität Bremen
D-28334 Bremen                      Enrique-Schmidt-Straße
Phone: (+49) 421-218-64209          D-28359 Bremen
Fax:   (+49) 421-218-9864209