[robocup-small] Rules 2007

Ernesto Torres dargolad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:35:00 EDT 2006

Here are some ideas and opinions:

On the kicking power it would be a good idea to limit the power of the
kicker because is better to focus on the strategies to improve the quality
of the games.  Also because it could be dangerous for the people that stand
near the field and the robots.
I think that increasing the team size to six robots is not such a good idea
because the field would get all crowded specially near the goals and the
games can loose some of its dynamic. About decreasing the timeout I think
that 10 minutes is ok, is not that much, and you can change batteries and
let you robots cool down a little bit.
For the goals I like the idea of changing them and use a net (like in real
football) so in case of a goal the ball would stay in there.
The offside rule would be really a problem for the referees. I think that
this rule will generate confussion during games because it depends a lot in
what the referee saw.
I think that lateral out of fields are very frequent and they interrupt the
dynamic and make the game very repetitive. Maybe try something like fast
football but restricting the number of robots that cross the border line so
that not all the robots get all corwded around the ball when it is next to
the border.

Regards

Ernesto Torres
Eagle Knights, México