[robocup-small] Ideas for 2007 Rules

Beng Kiat Ng nbk at np.edu.sg
Mon Oct 16 20:39:07 EDT 2006

With deadly accurate and powerful kicker, offside is not so effective. You
can't really bring the defense line forward when the opponent can easily
scored from halfway across the field against your single goalie.

BengKiat

             "Gordon Wyeth"
             <wyeth at itee.uq.ed
             u.au>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  <robocup-small at cc.gatech.edu>
             robocup-small-bou                                          cc
             nces at cc.gatech.ed
             u                                                     Subject
                                       Re: [robocup-small] Ideas for 2007
                                       Rules
             10/16/2006 02:17
             PM

             Please respond to
             wyeth at itee.uq.edu
                    .au

Offside might introduce some interesting defence strategies as well. It is
not
so attractive to form a wall across the goal if that also allows the
attackers
into your half of the field. Offside could be a very interesting
development for
small size, and the league seems mature enough to handle it now.

Gordon Wyeth
(ex-RoboRoos and former Small-Size chair)