[robocup-small] End of discussions on the proposed rule changes

Pierre Morency pierre.morency at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 14:38:44 EST 2005

Hi  everyone. The fallowing is the opinion of Robocup Laval team from
Québec, Canada.

INCREASE FIELD SIZE
Fine,

However, we would like to have more detailed specifications on the carpet
used for the SSL competitions because it seems to change a lot from one
competition to another.  For instance, the carpet in the US Open competition
in Atlanta that was used last year was way more thick than the carpet used
in the mondial competitions.  We would like to add a rule on the maximum
thickness of the carpet.

WALLS

Fine

LOCAL VISION

Fine

RESTART RULES

Fine

OFFICIAL COLOURS

Fine

> GOALS

Fine

BALL
Fine

VIRTUAL ENERGY BUDGET

Fine

PHYSICAL ENERGY BUDGET

Fine

> INCREASE NUMBER OF ROBOTS

 A. No Change.

> CHIP KICKING

A. No Change. Leave the rule as a limit on chip kicks from restarts

> LENGTH OF PERIODS / TIMEOUT / HALFTIME:

A. Decrease the half time to 5 minutes.

> RED CARDS / SAFETY ENFORCEMENT:

Fine