AW: [robocup-small] Proposed Rule Changes for SSL 2006

Steffen Prüter mail at steffenp.de
Tue Dec 6 05:20:42 EST 2005

Dear all,

here's team CoolRUNners list of comments to the rule changes.

INCREASE FIELD SIZE.
No change to the rules for 2006.
 Fine for us. The duplication of the field size should be forced for 2007.
The teams which had this proposal can show that it works by playing with one
camera and current field size this year.

WALLS
No change to the rules for 2006.
 Fine.

LOCAL VISION
No change to the rules for 2006.
 Fine at the moment.

RESTART RULES
 A good idea. Perhaps we can change the system so that we have graded
distances. Example: 2 robots in 400mm, other in 600mm.

OFFICIAL COLOURS
 Good. But who has the official colors? Which paper? We think, equal colors
for all teams are a hard task for the officials.

GOALS
 Fine.

BALL and VIRTUAL ENERGY BUDGET
 Competitions are a very good idea.

PHYSICAL ENERGY BUDGET
No changes to the rules for 2006.
 Fine.

INCREASE NUMBER OF ROBOTS
 In 2007 the number of robots should be increased together with the flied
size to avoid crowding robots on the field.

CHIP KICKING
 We would prefer option 1. But it can be a problem to detect if the ball is
above 150mm, i.e., if a robot's shot maximal height is 200mm.

LENGTH OF PERIODS / TIMEOUT / HALFTIME:
B. Decrease the half time to 5 minutes, increase the length of halves  to 15
minutes and decrease the maximum timeout time to 5 minutes.
 Thats fine.

RED CARDS / SAFETY ENFORCEMENT:
 Proposals sound like ice hockey not soccer rules but the rule change is
good.

FREE KICK/KICKOFF PROCEDURE:
 Fine.

TWO ATTACKERS RULE
 Fine.

Regards,
CoolRUNners

--
#  Steffen Prueter                        Tel: +49 (0)381 498 3640
#  University of Rostock                  Fax: +49 (0)381 498 3601
#  email: steffen.prueter at uni-rostock.de
#  WWW:   http://www-md.e-technik.uni-rostock.de