[robocup-small] [Fwd: On the issue of national committee establishment

Brett Browning brettb at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 15 08:27:39 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Please find below (and attached) a message on national committee's from the RoboCup federation president Prof. Minoru Asada.

Brett

To all participants at RoboCup 2005,

I hope that you are enjoying RoboCup 2005!

I am now writing to all of you on behalf of the RoboCup Trustees to
ask you to help us with the organization of RoboCup's future.  In
particular, we would like to ask you to get together with participants
from your country in *all* leagues to create a national committee.

There are currently several RoboCup national committees listed on-line
at
   http://www.robocup.org/overview/24.html.
Even if your country is already on the list, we request that you
follow the procedures given below.

We particularly request that such committees be formed in countries
with lots of participants.

The purposes of these committees are to

1) Manage qualification for RoboCup leagues when slots are limited
2) Serve as a point of contact for local RoboCup events and RoboCup opens
3) Promote RoboCup within your country
4) Maintain RoboCup standards for scientific research and education within
your country and uphold the RoboCup mission of sharing advances through
friendly competition
5) Maintain an English website to be linked to the main RoboCup
website describing the RoboCup activities in your country

Ideally, the committee should have a single chair whom we can contact
with questions that are relevant to your country.  There should be
representation on the committee from all of the different RoboCup
leagues in which your country is active (including RoboCupJunior).  If
not already established, we encourage the national committees to
initiate formation of all aspects of RoboCup activities, including
RoboCupRescue and RoboCupJunior.

To form your committee, please get together with all of the
participants from your country.  Once the list of committee members is
prepared, please contact the RoboCup trustees to let us know
(please send e-mail to pstone at cs.utexas.edu).

1) The members and affiliations of the committee.
2) The names, affiliations, and email addresses of all the teams
     represented by the committee (hopefully all the teams from your
     country).
3) The URL of your current webpage, if it already exists (eventually
     we will try to provide a standard format).

The Trustees will then check that all the represented teams agree to
be represented in this way, and then link the committee to the RoboCup
website.

Thank you very much for your active participation in RoboCup!

Best Regars,
    Minoru Asada
    President of the RoboCup Federation

-- Minoru

  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  Prof. Minoru Asada                   E-mail:asada at ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
  Tel. +81-6-6879-7347                               Fax. +81-6-6879-7348
  Adaptive Machine Systems/HANDI FRC, RoboCup Humanoid Robot Project Leader
  Graduate School of Engineering,
  Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
  http://www.er.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/

--

-------
Brett Browning, Ph.D., Systems Faculty