[robocup-small] Comments from RoboDragons/CMRoboDragons

Tadashi Naruse naruse at ist.aichi-pu.ac.jp
Wed Sep 14 22:57:42 EDT 2005

Hi friends,

Here are our comments.

1.  On the 2005 rules
- We think it is severe to give penalty kick for the violation of 2
defenders. Direct free kick is suitable for the violation.
- Goal kick should be kicked on 10 cm inside of the side line.
- By the Law 5, the referee can remove the dangerous robot. However it is
not clear that the substitution robot can play the game instead of the
dangerous robot. (We think it is not permitted.) It should be clarified.
- It's better to have a preamble to state the spirit of the SSL. We hope it
is included that the robot must play under good sportsmanship.
- The current height of the goal is 15 cm and it caused the broken goal net
problem. If the height is changed to, say, 17 cm, the problem will be solved
in most cases. We don't think there are reason the height should be 15 cm.
Remaining problem is that the anntena is excluded from the robot height.

2. Two referees
We support the 2 referees (+ system referee). It worked very well in Osaka.

3. Energy budget
It is difficult to restrict the type of butteries, a number of butteries
used and the power. We support the one-set-of-butteries-per-one-game idea.

4. Mandatory check of robots
We agree. It should be done just befre the game start, for each game.

5. The change of match schedule
Basically the game schedule should not be changed except that
- the referee cannot start the game on the scheduled time by something
special reason,
- in case that a team required the change of time:  two competing teams, the
referee and the OC agree that the reason to change is adequate.

Regards,
Tadashi Naruse
RoboDragons/CMRoboDragons