[robocup-small] About filed size and evolution of f180

Nawarat Termtanasombat nawaratwrn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:14:10 EDT 2005

Hi, All
I would like to add my opinion below.

About the SSL
I think every league have an own difference research field and technic.
And I think our goal is not only the "develop a team of fully
autonomous humanoid robots that can win against the human world soccer
champion team".
That goal is sth. that boost the robot community to try and reseach new thing.
Like in Rescue league, they didn't have goal to be a robot socer team.
I think this is the real goal.
"RoboCup is an international research and education initiative. Its
goal is to foster artificial intelligence and robotics research by
providing a standard problem where a wide range of technologies can be
examined and integrated."

I think if we move to abadon global vision, there are no league that
have an research in this field.
The robot with only local vision and larger field with many game stop.
It is the MSL with little size robot. Research topic is almost the
same.

There are very big gap between top teams and lower team. Some team
cannot control robot at fast velocity, some team cannot distinguish
the ball from pink color on robot etc.
Sometimes technology in global vision may be use in tracking crown
people in famous place, tracking the traffic road, do the think like
Google Earth etc.
The very fast robot, how to design control system with accurately and
have intercoorperation with each other.
SSL has many reseach topic that not seen in other league even if these
topic do not lead to an robot against human socer.

In my opinion, the developing way is to make SSL smarter are some kind
of get the color on the robot out, the vision system should have to do
some task to get the point.
About the velocity of robot. I accept in "make robot get tired", we
are have more topic in manage the energy both on to limit the battery
and on "virtual energy", but I don't agree in "Robot is getting too
fast", as in my last mail. This is a one special thing of SSL unique
from other league.

When many top teams is reach their goal, some kind of fast change the
reseach topic to other league is acceptable, like global to local
vision I think the lower team cannot handle this situation. But some
kinds of change are accept, like bigger field, remove the overhead
color, change the material of field etc.

So,
I think, we should discuss in topic like, wall, vision monitor, game
stop event, chip kick, how to make more passing etc.

I would like to add the topic in, "Can we remove of the color on the robot"

About prof.Rojas Vision monitor Idea, The problem is who will develop
the referee box, and how we can trust the referee box are free of bug,
it is the big program.
I think if SSL do not merge to MSL in lately years. We should have the
vision monitor one day, so we should start plan to have it. The next
year may be the testing year. And then we will use it the year after.
I think the vision monitor is the big factor to future rules. We
should get the conclude about this as fast as possible.

Regards,
Nawarat,
Plasma-Z, Thailand.