[robocup-small] Comments & Suggestions from B-Smart

Beng Kiat Ng nbk at np.edu.sg
Mon Sep 5 21:12:36 EDT 2005

>4) Penalty Kick:

>For the goalie, a PK is nearly impossible to save. We would recommend
>the following change (inspired by ice-hockey and other leagues
>rules):
>The ball should be placed on the center mark, the attacking robot should
>be behind the center line and the goalie inside the defense
>area. When the PK starts, both robots can move the way they want, but
>the goalie may not touch the ball unless the attacker touched it
>first. The robots have 30 seconds to either score a goal (attacker only)
>or shoot the ball out of the field. Other robots have to stay
>outside of the field, or in the other half, during the penalty kick.

Penalty should result in a high scoring chance! That's also the case in
human football. Moving the penalty spot to the centre mark would encourage
teams to have very powerful kicker.

>8) Indirect Free kicks:

>If an indirect free kick should count as a goal, a teammate has to touch
>the ball as the second robot (no shooting at the opponent goalie hoping
>for the ball bouncing off into the goal).
Good suggestion!

>9) Chip Kick:

>Chip kicks should be allowed within any situation in the game to provide
>more options for passing.
When there is no restriction on chip kick, every kickoff is almost like a
penalty kick. So will be many of the direct free kicks. This was what
happened in the past!

>10) Double Touching:

>There should be double touching allowed in a radius of 50mm around the
>ball, to keep the game running if the ball is only slightly moved (less
>free kicks).
I think we should consider this proposal. It's pragmatic.

Regards
BengKiat