AW: [robocup-small] Comments & Suggestions from B-Smart

Raul Rojas rojas at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 5 11:01:03 EDT 2005

A third comment:

>  As a first step towards a local vision, we would recommend removing the
overhead cameras and move them to the sides of the field, in a certain
height (maybe between 2.5 and 3.5 meters).

This does not help, it is still global vision, but certainly bad global
vision.
The game would suffer, and in terms of research almost nothing is won.

>>Time penalties could be given for the following situations:
- Shooting directly outside of the field should result in a time penalty for
the kicking robot (to have less free kicks). Especially in Freekick
situations.

this is too harsh! Sometimes you want to give a pass across the field
(a good thing to do) and if the ball goes out, because your robot misses
the ball, then you lose a robot! Who would risk passing the ball under those
circumstances?

If an indirect free kick should count as a goal, a teammate has to touch the
ball as the second robot (no shooting at the opponent goalie hoping for the
ball bouncing off into the goal).

I agree

>>Active dribbling should be restricted to 500mm radius (like before) but
passive dribbling shouldn't be restricted in distance. To make it easier for
referees to decide whether it was active or passive dribbling, teams with
active dribbling devices always have to follow the active dribbling rule and
teams with passive dribblers always follow the rule for passive dribbling.
To make it possible to mix robots with active dribbling and passive
dribbling (i.e. goalie with active dribbling, field players with passive
dribbling) the robots should be easy to separate. Robots that are dribbling
active could use a different marking color for example.

too complex a rule... better a uniform rule for all robots that having
special
cases. It would make refereeing very hard.

Raul Rojas
FU-Fighters Team