AW: [robocup-small] General Feedback Reminder + Walls! +DribblingRestriction

Raul Rojas rojas at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 5 10:20:00 EDT 2005

Hi, more comments:

> The main referee should use whistle blow as A MAIN STOP SIGNAL instead of
shouting stop.
and any score after the whistle blow sould be ignored.

Right. This is what I did, when I was a referee, I always used the whistle.

> For a suggestion about the wall, we would like to suggest another idea, a
normal 90 degree wall attached with soft material. This material reduces
effect of a ball when it hit the wall. In most case, we think that the ball
should stops near the position that it hit the wall. It is easier for a
referee to place the ball in the right position. Combining this idea and the
one from Fu-Fighter's should work perfectly. The soft material can also acts
as a bumper for the robot, in case that it crashes into the wall. We will
use this idea on our forthcoming Thailand RoboCup 2006 in Febuary. More
result of this idea will be reported after that.

Anything that speeds the game restart, like this idea, is good.

> We think limitation of the speed is not a good idea. It is hard to check
the speed of each robot during the match and it will cause more objections.
We need more limitation but that limitaion should be easy to check before
and during the game. We believe that robot's speed and performace can be
capped by limiting the maximun battery voltage and the number of allowable
battery change during the match. Just like the Formular 1 racing. They
limits the displacement of the engine and the number of tyre changing. For
example, battery voltage may be limited not to exceed 12V with 5AH capacity.
Each robot may not replace its battery more than one time per game.

The problem is when teams want to use other voltage-ampere combinations. If
I use
9V, how many Amperes do I get? Also, remember that some batteries brands can
store up to
25% more energy than their nominal capacity. Therefore, which brand?
Unending discussions
would follow.

Virtual energy costs is the solution I proposed last year, and I think the
best also
in terms of research goals.

Kind regards

Raul Rojas