[robocup-small] Comments

Raffaello D'Andrea raff.d'andrea at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 30 22:46:28 EST 2004

Our final comments:

1. There should be a statement by the rules committee to confirm that the 20% rule is in effect at any instant of the game, including during a chip kick.  This will prevent last minute disputes at competition.

2. The enlargement of the keep-out area around an inbounding robot is very important. In conjunction with the 10 cm offset it should improve the chances of a successful throw-in.

3. There is a major problem with the quality of play due to the ball being out of bounds most of the time.  We don't think the proposed changes are enough to make a significant improvement.  We think that the single best thing we could do to improve quality of play is to bring back the walls.
The walls not being there on a real soccer pitch is not a good enough reason to not have them.

  Prof. Raffaello D'Andrea
  101 Rhodes Hall
  Sibley School of Mech. & Aero. Engr.
  Cornell University