[robocup-small] Rule changes for 2005

MichiharuOsada m-osada at katch.ne.jp
Tue Nov 23 10:33:40 EST 2004

Hello, everyone:

Here is OsaYans's opinion on the rule change.

Change 1:
I accept this rule for 2005.
But, the unfairness by ambiguous judgment still remains,
because it is difficult for a referee to measure 500mm with eyes correctly.
My opinion is banning dribble bars and abolishing restriction of dribble distance
in the near future. Dribble bars are not used in real soccer.
I think that we should realize the capability that traps and dribbles a ball
to a robot with its body control, without using dribble bars.

Change2,3,4,5:
I agree with these rule changes.

Change6:
I agree with this rule change partially.
I want OC/TC to prepare only a blue and yellow sheet for team marker.
By official colors for team marker, we can shorten the time of
the color adjustment before games,
and there is no need for a color negotiation.
We can assign the time left to other adjustments.
But, I do not want OC/TC to specify the color of other markers.

Change7:
I agree with this rule change, if the restriction on the number of
the robot of defense, such as Cool Running has proposed,
will be added into the rule to avoid crowded restarts.
If not, it is expected especially at the time of a throw-in
that the ball is rebounded by the defense robot, ball goes out,
and becomes a throw-in again. And this situation will be repeated.
And it is also expected at the time of a goal kick that it becomes impossible
for a kicker to kick a ball to the direction of an opponent's field,
and it becomes disadvantage like an opponent's corner kick.

Change8:
Acceptable.

Change9:
I agree with this rule change, if OC/TC revives a direct free kick.
In the rule in Lisbon, all restarts are indirect free kick except penalty kick,
but I want OC/TC to revive a direct free kick, and accept the direct goal
from kickoff.

About Chip Kick:
I support a scoop type chip shot mechanism when it is not against a 20% rule
at the time of a dribble. Because it is thought that it is
just similar to the instep kick of human soccer,
It is thought that the 20% rule if for avoiding the situation
that the ball holding, and the situation which the ball disappears from a
global camera.
Therefore if it acts in violation at only the moment of a kick, I think
that it is allowed.