[robocup-small] Field with slope

Beng Kiat Ng nbk at np.edu.sg
Tue Nov 16 20:28:52 EST 2004

Hi David!

The sloped edge field only solve half of the problem.
Ball off the goal line still have to be manually placed.
Ball off the touch line at too sharp an angle still need to be manually
moved back as they will be too far off the point of exit.
The total field area will increase.
Is the benefit worths the cost? I don't have the answer. We need the
statistics of how the ball leaves the field in a typical match before we
can tell.

Regards
BengKiat

                      chelberg at endor.cs.ohiou.
                      edu                              To:      "Raul Rojas" <rojas at inf.fu-berlin.de>
                      Sent by:                         cc:      robocup-small at cc.gatech.edu, (bcc: Beng Kiat Ng/me/staff/npnet)
                      robocup-small-bounces at cc         Subject: Re: [robocup-small] Field with slope
                      .gatech.edu

                      17/11/04 05:31 AM

Raul,

I really like the sloped edge field.  It appears to be a great
compromise between no walls, and the old 45 degree slope.

 -- Prof. David Chelberg (chelberg at ohiou.edu)
    RoboCats (Ohio University)