AW: [robocup-small] opinion on Rule changes for 2005

Alexander Hofmann alexander.hofmann at gmx.at
Sat Nov 13 11:02:01 EST 2004

I almost fully agree with Raul.

Change 1: I would even ban any motordriven dribbling devices. The
FU-Fighters did such a fast game - it was really amazing - even without
dribbler. The moved around the ball to stop it. That's the direction I'd
like the SSL to go.

Change 6: Last year we discussed about active light for recognition -
what about this idea? The LED's have all the same frequency, so the
colors would be the same, doesn't matter where we are. We could even
test in the dark (like in Lisbon) :-).

Change 4: Yes, 2 teams had bluetooth but did not use it. So why this
change?

Change 7&8: 6 Robots are ok - but let us play on the mid-size-fields -
we can share fields with them, but with smaller goals. So passes have
more advantage instead of a robot going with the ball. The robots going
forth and back use too much power. Then I would reject changing or
charging batteries in a game. So finally the robots will have to pass!
What do you think about it?

It would even be easier for TV - they don't have to move from mid-size
field to small size league.

And we have to adjust time in a way that not all robots stand still
after 2/3rd of time because of battery loss. Another side effect would
be that robots have to adjust their speed and think about battery usage!
That is more like the real soccer game.

All in all we should make the ssl more like real soccer.

Regards
Alexander Hofmann
Vienna Cubes