[robocup-nao] B-Human Code Release 2017

Thomas Röfer thomas.roefer at dfki.de
Sat Oct 7 07:20:42 EDT 2017

Hi RoboCuppers!

The team B-Human announces the availability of our 2017 code release at

https://github.com/bhuman/BHumanCodeRelease

The release comes with an extensive team report (197 pages) that describes the current state of B-Human's software system. The software released is a cleaned-up version of the system we used in the RoboCup 2017 finals.

However, most parts of the behavior have been removed.

Our software is released with its own 3-D simulator. Microsoft Windows 64 bit, Linux 64 bit, and macOS are fully supported.

The release also includes the module Walk2014Generator that is based on the class of the same name from the 2016 code release of the team UNSW Australia. The team (now UNSW Sydney) kindly gave us the permission to release the module under our license as part of our code release. Many thanks to UNSW Sydney and Bernhard Hengst, the original author of the Walk2014Generator!

The license under which we release our code is the same as in previous years. However, since some teams did not really comply with that license in the past, I would like to cite the two most important paragraphs of the license here:

4. If the source code or parts of the source code shall be used for a RoboCup competition, the competing program must differ in at least multiple major parts from the original distribution. "Major parts" means own contributions to the RoboCup goal, which are potentially publishable and usually manifest themselves as new modules (i.e. source code) and not just as a parameterization of existing technology (e.g. walking parameters, kicks, behavior options).

5. For each B-Human code release from which parts are used in a RoboCup competition, the usage shall be announced in the SPL mailing list (currently robocup-nao at cc.gatech.edu) one month before the first competition in which you are using it. The announcement shall name which parts of this code are used. It shall also contain a description of the own contribution that addresses the criterions mentioned above.

We require the timely announcement to that mailing lists for two reasons:

1. We need the time to check whether the changes described in the announcement fulfill the criteria mentioned in section 4. This also means that the description should be detailed enough so that we can make such an assessment. Otherwise, we will ask back for more details (we have not done that in the past, but we will do it in the future). If we are not satisfied, we will report a violation of our license to the SPL technical committee.

2. The announcement to robocup-nao at cc.gatech.edu <mailto:robocup-nao at cc.gatech.edu> is important, because it enables all members of our community to put the results achieved in the competition into context.

From now on, we will consider announcements that come too late as a breach of our license.

Please note that the new code is released within the same repository that we used for our previous releases. The old releases are marked with tags in that repository.

Have fun :-)

Team B-Human