[robocup-nao] [robocup nao] Team Luxembourg United announcement for their use of the B-Human code release

Patrice CAIRE patrice.caire at uni.lu
Tue Apr 4 11:52:08 EDT 2017

Dear RoboCup community,

Our team, Luxembourg United, would like to announce that we will base our code on B-Human Code release 2016. We will differ in the following parts:

-  Roles and Skills: we defined our roles through the CABSL language, created by B-Human. We implemented 4 roles inspired by the descriptions inside the B-Human report. We are in the process of modifying them to have them ready before the first match.
- Kick Pose Provider: this provides a position relative to the ball for kicking towards a broader range of targets and for different kinds of kicks.

- Goalie Pose Provider: a module to control the position of the goalie to cover most part of the goal frame and at the same time keeping the goalie inside the penalty area.

- Kick Election Provider: we use a module to take the decision whether to kick the ball or not. This is to make sure we always have one robot ready to kick the ball, while the others move without the ball as it is configured by the role provider.

Then we are addressing more complex and theoretical problems such as:

- Dynamic Role Provider module: we implemented a module to select the most appropriate role (defined with a specific behavior and certain skills) based on some features, i.e. the position of the ball and teammates. In addition we are using machine learning techniques to take into account game configurations and strategic changes, to provide different formations over the game.

- Teammate/opponent detection using Convolutional Neural Networks: we attempt to improve on the state of the art, regarding the optimization of computational time (i.e. Fast-Learning Shallow CNN). This involves additions to the following modules: PlayersPerceptors perception, ObstacleModelProvider and TeamPlayersLocator.

- Potential Field based Path Planning: depending on cases, this will either support or replace the VGPathPlanning module and in some cases even supplement the FieldCoverage module.

Many thanks to the B-Human team for releasing their code. This provided us with an extremely valuable kick start for this challenge. We also want to extend our thanks to whole community which is providing us with so many resources and allows us to deepen our knowledge in this field. Particularly, we thank the Hulks team for inviting us to their RoHOW workshop and Pascal Loth for his great advices, and Heinrich Mellmann from the Berlin United team.

The Luxembourg United team

Dr. Patrice Caire
Luxembourg United<https://luxembourg-united.uni.lu> Lead
Luxembourg National robot soccer team