[robocup-nao] Team B-Human announces the use of code from UNSW Australia's walking engine

Thomas Röfer thomas.roefer at dfki.de
Fri Mar 31 08:29:46 EDT 2017

Hi,

we hereby announce that the walking engine that we will use this year is based on code from UNSW Australia's class Walk2014Generator from the 2016 code release.

We have removed everything not related to walking from that class, refactored the code, converted it into a B-Human module, integrated B-Human data types, integrated our in-walk-kicks, replaced the inverse kinematics by our own, and made changes to speed control, foot trajectory generation, and balancing so far.

Many thanks to team UNSW Australia for releasing their code and to Bernhard Hengst, the author of the Walk2014Generator, in particular!

Best regards

Thomas Röfer
(Team B-Human)

Dr. Thomas Röfer
DFKI Bremen
Cyber-Physical Systems
Cartesium 0.55
Enrique-Schmidt-Str. 5
28359 Bremen, Germany

http://www.dfki.de
www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~roefer

Phone: +49 (421) 218-64200
Fax: +49 (421) 218-9864200
eMail: Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH

Geschäftsführung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes