[robocup-nao] B-Human Code Release 2015 installation may result in error 404 "body not found"

Thomas Röfer thomas.roefer at dfki.de
Fri Mar 18 19:09:03 EDT 2016

Hi,

some teams have experienced unreachable robot bodies (error 404) after installing the B-Human Code Release 2015 on NAOqi 2.1.4.13.

This kind of error can only be fixed by Aldebaran, i.e. the robot body is unusable without a repair.

There might be the problem that the robot is rebooted too quickly after changing its body name by writing to the chestboard. If this actually is the problem, it was resolved in an updated version of the Code Release by not changing the body name anymore. However, we cannot be sure about whether this actually was the problem.

Aldebaran is currently trying to reproduce the issue. Until they do, it is advisable not to use B-Human's install procedure for your robots.

In case the problem is related to NAOqi 2.1.4.13 in particular, it may also be unsafe to use the install procedure of previous code releases, because they are basically the same. The error does not happen during every installation. So if you have not experienced it yet, it may still occur the next time you install a robot.

We are sorry for any inconveniences. We have been using this procedure since 2009, without any problems before NAOqi 2.1.4.13.

Best regards

Thomas Röfer
(Team B-Human)