[robocup-nao] Team Austrian Kangaroos announces the use of the B-Human Code Release 2014

Dietmar Schreiner schreiner at complang.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 17 07:54:55 EDT 2015

According to the terms of the B-Human Code Release 2014 license we
hereby announce the usage of the aforesaid frameworks for team Austrian
Kangaroos as base for our 2015 development.

The Austrian Kangaroos software contributes by modifications and
additions in the field of:

* AI & Team AI
For 2015 we have replaced all FSMs by a BT implementation. Hence, our AI
became more flexible, reusable and, achieved better usability.
We have also improved our own Team AI, which is based on our 2013/2014
AI and incorporates a play book as much as acoustic team
synchronization. Our AI has been improved in terms of fault tolerance
w.r.t. team communication. It supports explicit dynamic team actions and
fast recovery from network faults. The Austrian Kangaroos behavior
system incorporates a fail-safe role selector to support team strategies
and team behavior. A kick-behavior-selector has been implemented that
dynamically chooses from different kicking behaviors.

* Vision
We have adapted the existing vision module. In addition we developed a
semi-automatic camera calibration system.

* Localization
We have implemented a constraint system for fast plausibility checks. We
also have extended our localization to map the background to recover
from a completely unknown location without team mates. We also do
perform verification of the current pose via team wide sensor fusion and
 reasoned perception.

* Artificial Immune System
We have implemented an immune system for the robot based on the
Dendritic Cell Algorithm and have integrated it into the framework. The
system is meant to detect anomalies (caused by software but also by
hardware faults) and aims at increased reliability of our players.

* Communication
To overcome WLAN issues at tournaments we implemented acoustic
communication for the team. Therefore, our team AI should become more
robust in absence of a WLAN connection. However, limits from base
frequency and environmental noise imply a reduction of communicated
information.

* Motion Primitives
We have implemented additional basic motions for the Nao V5, and have
implemented moves like fast-side-kick, or slow-pass. In addition we have
integrated a dynamic kick engine that does not require a precise
robot-to-ball position for acceptable kick-results.

Cheers,
Dietmar

Austrian Kangaroos

Dr. Dietmar Schreiner
Vienna University of Technology
Institute of Computer Languages
Compilers and Languages Group
Argentinierstrasse 8/185-1 :: A-1040 Vienna
Tel.: +43-1-58801-18501 :: Fax: +43-1-58801-18599