[robocup-nao] Call for Participation - RoboCup SPL *** FINAL REMINDER ***

Tim Laue timlaue at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 27 04:46:17 EST 2013

Hi teams,

today is the last day for submitting (pre-)qualification material to the
SPL TC. So far, we have received applications from the following teams:

     UT Austin Villa
     B-Human
     TJArk
     Northern Bites
     rUNSWift
     Team NUST
     SPQR
     MRL
     UPennalizers
     HULKs
     RoboCanes
     NTU RoboPAL

Best regards,

Tim

Am 25.11.2013 08:24, schrieb Tim Laue:
> Hi teams,
>
> just a short reminder:
>
> "All applications with the (pre-)qualification material must be
> submitted by November 27, 2013, by email to rc-spl-tc at lists.robocup.org.
> Applications must not be sent to personal SPL TC/OC email addresses and
> must not contain video attachments."
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tim
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff:     Call for Participation - RoboCup SPL
> Datum:     Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:16:26 -0500
> Von:     Katie Genter <katie at cs.utexas.edu>
> Antwort an:     katie at cs.utexas.edu
> An:     spl_teams at tzi.de, robocup-nao at cc.gatech.edu,
> robocup-worldwide at cc.gatech.edu, robotics-worldwide at usc.edu,
> euron-dist at iais.fraunhofer.de, ras-learning at lists.csail.mit.edu,
> all at learning-robots.de, eetn at iit.demokritos.gr,
> ml-news at googlegroups.com, rl-list at googlegroups.com, uai at engr.orst.edu
> Kopie (CC):     cc: RoboCup OC <rc-spl-oc at lists.robocup.org>, RoboCup TC
> <rc-spl-tc at lists.robocup.org>
>

> Call for Applications for Participation
>
> RoboCup 2014 Standard Platform League
> www.tzi.de/spl <http://www.tzi.de/spl>
> João Pessoa, Brazil
> Saturday 19th through Friday 25th July 2014
> www.robocup2014.org <http://www.robocup2014.org>
>
> RoboCup is an international initiative that fosters research and
> education in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence through a variety of
> competitions (RoboCupSoccer, RoboCupRescue, RoboCup at Home, RoboCupJunior)
> involving mostly multi-robot systems. RoboCup currently includes a
> number of different robot soccer leagues that focus on different
> research challenges.
>
> The Standard Platform League (SPL) is characterized by the use of an
> identical robot platform by all the teams. Participating researchers
> focus on algorithmic development for fully autonomous robots, i.e.,
> robots that operate with no external control. The SPL at RoboCup 2014
> will use any H21 or H25 version of the NAO humanoid robot manufactured
> by Aldebaran Robotics. The SPL robot soccer games at RoboCup 2014 will
> be played between teams of five robots on a 6m x 9m field.
>
> The RoboCup 2014 SPL will host three main competitions: a team
> competition (similar to the SPL competition in previous years), a
> drop-in player competition, and 2-3 technical challenges. The RoboCup
> 2014 SPL will be able to host 20 teams which will compete in all three
> competitions, as well as at least 4 teams that will compete in just the
> drop-in player competition and the technical challenges. All teams will
> be selected from the interested parties responding to this call.
>
> The full rules of RoboCup 2014 SPL are posted on the SPL website. A
> document detailing the possible technical challenges will be posted on
> the SPL website by November 8, 2013.
>
> Qualification
> -------------

> [...]

Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Inf. Tim Laue