[robocup-nao] Aldebaran Robotics is recruiting a repair & support engineer in Boston

Andrew Stout astout at aldebaran-robotics.com
Tue Jan 29 12:10:28 EST 2013

ALDEBARAN ROBOTICS
www.aldebaran-robotics.com

ROBOTICS REPAIR AND SUPPORT ENGINEER, Americas Region (based in Boston)

Aldebaran Robotics is a fast-growing, Paris-based company with 240
employees and a mission to create interactive robots for the development
and well-being of humans.  Aldebaran’s NAO humanoid robot was named the
best robot for education, as judged by the Robot Hall of Fame and Carnegie
Mellon University.  Over 3,000 NAOs are in service at universities,
research centers and high schools around the world, used primarily as a
research and teaching platform for computer science, robotics, mathematics
and other disciplines.

Occasionally our robots need maintenance and repair and our users need
support, and our rapidly-growing installed base requires that we hire
additional technical resources at our Boston office.

Primary Function:
·      You will make repairs to NAO humanoid robots, ranging from changing
gears and rewiring cables to replacing complex structures
·      You will also assist with technical training sessions for
distributors and end-customers
·      You will provide assistance at trade shows and special events,
including execution of multi-robot demonstrations and shows
·      You will interact with the global repair community, including
sharing advice on repair techniques and seeking advice when required
·      Depending on abilities and needs, you will also provide software
support.

Requirements:
·      Bachelors degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer
Science, or a related discipline
·      Technical robotics experience
·      Electronics experience, including soldering
·      Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
·      Familiarity with Unix/Linux-based operating systems
·      Programming experience, especially Python and C++
·      An understanding of the different technologies embedded in the robot
(visual and audio sensors, motors, sonar, etc.)
·      Oral and written communication skills to explain complex technical
problems and solutions
·      Desire to help customers with their technical issues
·      Teamwork skills to succeed in a young and fast-paced environment
·      Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
·      Comfortable working in an office space that’s relatively confined
·      French language skills a plus

Position is open immediately, full-time and salaried with a competitive
benefits package, based in Boston at the Aldebaran offices in the South End
(Congress Street).

Please send resume and letter of motivation to:
Andrew Stout (astout at aldebaran-robotics.com) and
Eric Stevenson (estevenson at aldebaran-robotics.com)

--
Andrew Stout

Field Application Robotics Engineer - Aldebaran Robotics
email: astout at aldebaran-robotics.com
phone (google voice): (760) 9 DEV NAO == (760) 933-8626
374 Congress St, Suite 507, Boston MA 02210